Please send resumés to: email@example.com
AINW is recruiting for a full time Supervising Archaeologist for field projects. The Supervising Archaeologist participates as part of an archaeological team on all phases of field work. This position supervises field personnel and works under the direction of a Project Manager or Senior Archaeologist. Supervising Archaeologists collaborate with other staff professionals to analyze data and write detailed technical reports. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring that all tasks are completed thoroughly, accurately, and within budget.
- Analyzes and interprets field data related to surveys and sites.
- In collaboration with other staff members, writes reports, or sections of reports, for submission to clients.
- As a member of, or supervisor of an excavation or survey team, collects data at site locations and directs the activity of field archaeologists assigned to the project.
- Assists with project coordination and fieldwork planning.
- May be required to operate Company or personal vehicle for Company business.
- May work in rugged terrain and under weather conditions that can become very severe.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- MA/MS degree in Anthropology or Archaeology with 3-5 years archaeological experience and meet the requirements to be qualified as a professional under the Secretary of the Interior’s guidelines and standards.
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills as relates to the field of archaeology.
- Strong archaeological laboratory skills.
- Supervisory skills to coordinate and direct activities of field personnel.
- Strong scientific report writing skills.
- Ability to use word-processing programs and other software required to produce components of final report.
- Ability to collaborate with other professionals contributing to final report.
- Ability to perform physical labor which may at times be strenuous.
- Previous work experience in the Pacific Northwest is preferred.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy.
- Must be able to meet high standards for professionalism and honesty.
- Current driver license is required to operate any Company vehicle or to operate a personal vehicle for Company business. Inability to obtain personal auto insurance or qualify for Company operator’s insurance will disqualify Employee from operating any vehicle for Company business, and may lead to Employee’s termination.
- Candidates must be competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy loads, and to bend, stoop, twist, and turn while holding heavy or cumbersome objects.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may mail your application materials to:
Attn: Human Resources
3510 N.E. 122nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97230
AINW is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. All qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, military status, or genetic information are welcome to submit a resume for full consideration. If you need any accommodation in the application, interviewing or selection process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.